Thursday, November 17, 2016

Yes I Want a Sample

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can make a snack out of shopping a whole foods or Sams Club. Yes, we order every sample we see online. Why not? We keep hotel shampoos and soaps. I keep a decent sized basket in our closet to throw them in. So we don't even know they are there. We use what we want to try or what will lower our budget and donate the rest. Why do I order things we won't use? Often times samples come with coupons. So I get the sample and possibly the product for free or with (my favorite) overage! Our local pet shelter takes donations for cat and dog food. We love Operation Christmas Child and we can send soap and shampoo in the boxes. DS3 has a passion for the homeless and collects bags full of toiletries and change to hand out to the homeless. We use the medicine samples in our first aid kit. Free magazines can be donated to the library or nursing homes. Also, magazines usually have coupons in them. Does it save us lots of money getting samples each year? No, of course not. But we look at it as every penny counts and if we can donate and make a difference then why wouldn't we do it. Quite frankly, I get samples from time to time and will write reviews on here or on the page where the sample came from. I will out a disclaimer on those products that yes I got the product for free and my review is honest and unbiased. If I don't like a product, I will still share it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment