Tuesday, December 13, 2016

We are Moving!!!

We are pleased to announce that after many months of busting our humps to fix some financial issues, we have been approved to buy our first home. We are over the moon about finally getting to move forward and spend each and every day together as our little or not so little family. Now we are looking at where to start. We are looking at houses in a price range that we initially thought we couldn't afford, though we would like to buy for much less. We have the option to look for land. We would love to have a small farm. We are looking for a fenced in back yard or full yard so that the boys can just run wild. I would like a large enough yard to have a garden and chickens and possibly an above ground pool.

We need at least three bed rooms. Of course we would like four or more, but we can make due with three. I am praying for a second bathroom and a dishwasher. I really am dreading the actual moving process. I hate unpacking and rearranging. I like to paint so I am excited about changing up any colors. I like decorating. I get a minor panic attack when I have to think about pre cleaning the house to get rid of the dirt and germs acquired by the previous owners.

So much to do! I am in the process of making some checklists to help the move go more smoothly. This is my 9th move in 12 years so I feel like a pro. I hope that we can transition this easily for our little family. One thing that I am super excited about with the move and unpacking... Decluttering! I plan to go through every box and Kon Mari everything... again. Last time we did the Kon Mari method, was shortly after Ex had moved out and I was not in the best place to be trying to find what brought me joy, because I really wanted to get rid of everything except the kids. Needless to say, I gave up quickly and did not get rid of much. This time I anticipate getting rid of a lot. And by a lot, I mean tons! Since July of this year, the boys and I have been living with my parents due to my illness. We have had most of our belongings in storage and have only made one trip to storage to get anything out. I haven't really missed anything. So I really see me getting rid of most of the boxes in my storage unit.

That is another transition that I am worried about is combining our belongings. He is not bringing many possessions to the house which is probably a good thing. We will be adding thing for DS1 and DS2 at our house. We are so excited.  To officially and beautifully blend our family.

We are seeing wonderful blessings from this great news. We are going to be together every day and not just a couple days a weeks. We are saving money on what our rent would have been and there are not restrictions on how many bedrooms we have to have. We will be saving close to 300 dollars a month on housing. We will be able to be cooking every night and eating healthier, in return saving us money on our food costs. Selling the items that we no longer want and using that money toward our baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment