Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Struggles of A Homeschooling Mom

Today is one of those homeschooling days that I am pretty sure that I am going to be bald by the end of the day. The kids are struggling with not wanting to work and whining today. I am kind of at the end of my rope today and I have to admit it was a pretty long rope. I have to say that homeschooling is very rewarding as I see all three of my homeschooled kids exceed expectations for their grade level.

We have implemented some new homeschool tricks around here and yes, most have hidden lessons. One of the classroom management techniques is they will be earning a paycheck for their effort and grades. They will get a paycheck of classroom money every week. They will be able to deposit them into their account and buy rewards with them. They will learn how to balance a checkbook and write checks with this method.

They now have to earn video games an hour at a time. Now... I am letting them have the TV going while they do their independent worksheet time. I have always been able to focus better with background noise. It seems that they do too. One of the rewards from their paycheck is to be able to buy an extra half hour of video games.

DS3 is wanting to start a blog as a school project. We shall see how that goes. He wants to do a video game blog. I think its a trick to get to play more video games. Mama is on to you mister! But in the spirit of unschooling, I will help him and maybe advise him to expand to other things as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment